To learn a language fast…
…is not an easy task. However with the development of technology and internet it is possible to learn language fast. There are many ways how you can learn Spanish quickly. Here is couple of them listed:
- Language software and self-teaching
- Language exchange programs
- Language courses abroad
- Language schools and courses in your town
- Distance courses
It is wise to choose a combination of two or three to speed up learning. However you should start with one way and gradually choose a combination of some other ways. For example you can buy language software and later on as your language skills get better you can take a course a broad or you can take part in a language exchange program – like getting a pen pal.
Or you can take part in language course in you town and as your skills improve you can buy an advance program of language software and continue learning on your own.
Or you just start studying through distance course and then you enroll in a language course abroad and later you even choose to have a pen friend to polish on your writing skills.
The combination you choose may depend on your budget, age, social status, interests etc.
But there is one golden rule that you should follow each time. The learning should be fun. If it is not so then change the way you learn so that you have fun. It is because fun means fast learning and that is what we want. Here are three tips how to make learning more fun:
- Choose the way to learn language that you find as most interesting
- Find out what topic interests you most and start there – f.e. music: you can translate some lyrics, movie: watch your favorite movie in that language etc.
- Learn everyday only as long as you can concentrate 100% – even 20 min a day is fine
Here are another seven tips which help you stay focus and get results fast:
- Learn everyday couple of most useful words, about 15 or 20. These would be words used in basic, everyday conversations. Whenever you have a chance, try to remember these words and also use them whenever possible.
- Also learn whole sentences that you can use in everyday conversations memorize them and train the pronunciation until you feel you got it right.
- Start to immerse yourself in the language. It means watching movies or news in that language, reading books in that language, even looking for news friends speaking that language, going on holiday to the country where that language is spoken, participate in language exchange programs, listening to the music in that language or just stories on your IPod.
- Be patient with yourself. A lot of people give up too early frustrated with the results. Learning language is a never-ending activity, which should be fun, if it is not fun, then you might stop at some point.
- Use what you have learned whenever possible. Use any chance for practicing with people in real life situations. You will be amazed at how much you have learned.
- If there is any other topic that interests you can start study that topic in the language you are learning. It might get you more motivated.
- It might not be easy to set a SMART goal at learning languages, but it might definitely get you faster where you want to be in the future.
I hope you find these tips useful. But to make them really useful, try to implement them, because it is not what you know that is important, but what you do with what you know.